Happy Valentines Day!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Welcome back again! Today I'm sharing with you a super cute card using the adorable valentines images by Melon Peach Stamps. As always you can find all product links at the end of my post!

As soon as I saw these adorable images I knew I wanted to make a scene that looked like the boy was delivering flowers to his girlfriends house, to do this I am adapting the use of a 'close the gate' die to represent a front door, I hope this post can inspire you to think outside the box on how to use dies in more than one way!

Starting with the images printed on alcohol friendly card and coloured using a variety of Spectrum Noir markers. (click any image to view larger) 


Using the 'build a gate' die by Heffy Doodle I took a card blank already creased in half, on the front of the card partially die cut just the gate opening section, you can do this by having only the part you want cut under your die cutting plate leaving the rest hanging off the plate. I use my broken die plates to do this to make it slightly easier! You may also notice I masked off a small section at the bottom of the card and die cut the door just above it, this masked area later will create the side path.



Next I cut the same gate from Memo Tape (masking tape/sheets will work too) and layered this on top to mask the door so that when the stencil is added it won't touch the area I would like to leave as a door.

Now it's time to layer on the stencil, using the Time for Tea Designs brick wall stencil to create a wall affect around the door with Barn Door Distress ink. You can see below how I've masked the top and bottom sections off again to keep ink away from the areas I dont want to get inky! The stencil also got taped slightly to the right, however that's ok it's not always about perfection but giving it a go!


For the path in front of the house take a black pen, i'm using a Memento Black ink pen and drew in just a couple of vertical lines to create a slab type affect. Use a light grey marker pen to add in some detail to the paving slabs. At this point it felt like it was still going to need more details to bring my scene together, stamping up some grass and flowers from a couple sets was a perfect way to line the house and path. Additionally I pulled out the step from a windmill die builder and die cut 2, as both ends are rounded I cut the middle parts straight to piece them together to make a wider doorstep.

Open the door on the front of your card with the card in a closed position and add the lady with the flowers inside, this means when the card is open the image will still be seen which adds a little something extra special to the card! 


For the sentiment I have used Heffy Doodle Classic Sentiments and Watcha sayin' stamp sets with co coordinating die speech bubbles. I stuck an additional sentiment inside to give an extra element!

Now we can stick our handsome boy on the side walk, I've situated him slightly to the left of the door, so that when opened he is mostly covered up leaving the adorable girl image receiving her flowers! 



And we're done! I absolutely adore these images by Melon Peach Stamps. Do let me know in the comments what your working on at the moment, I love hearing from you all!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes/

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes/


Supplies:

Valentines Digi stamp set by MelonPeachStamps

Memo Tape by Heffy Doodle

Close the gate die by Heffy Doodle

Brick wall stencil by Time for Tea Designs

Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Gnome matter what stamp set by Heffy Doodle

Big bug hugs stamp set by Heffy Doodle

Windmill builder die by Time for Tea Designs

Spectrum Noir Tri-blends

Beautiful blending brushes by Time for Tea designs

Classic Sentiment by Heffy Doodle

Whatcha Sayin' stamp set by Heffy Doodle

Whatcha Sayin' coordinating dies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!