Singing in the rain

Hi Crafty Friends,
I am so glad you found my blog. I am excited to be able to share with you not just my first blog here but my first blog with a guest design post for MelonPeach Stamps. MelonPeach are a brand new digital stamp company on the market with some great options already available online. As always you will be able to find all product links used and where to purchase them at the end of my post.

I'm starting with this super cute Dapper Boy image. As soon as I saw him I had this idea come to my mind, I started by printing my image on my favourite alcohol marker friendly cardstock. I coloured him up using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. For the skin, hair and shoes I've used Tri Blends (Fair Skin Blend + Red Brown Blend), for the clothing and hat I used IG9, IG7 + IG5 from the older range.


Next it was time to create my scene, this is something completely out my comfort zone - drawing and colouring my own background not just with distress inks and stencils which is my usual style.

My Scene inspiration comes from an earlier blog post by Amanda Steven's from Pearl Blossom Press. She built her scene for the Heffy Doodlers facebook challenge. If you would like to find out more on how to build this easy scene you can find more details on her post here. There are just a few differences between our background scenes, I've placed my window on the right hand side and colours used are all Spectrum Noir, pathway and brick grout - GG4, GG3 + GG2. Window glaze AB3, AB2 + AB1. For the bricks I've used the Dark Red Tri Blend.


I'm pleased with how this came out and next was to put it all together. My idea was Singing in the rain, to make this idea come to life I needed to create puddles and a rain look. The colours used for the blues are TB7, BT8, IB2, AB3 and AB1. The white is a uniball signo gel pen. I stuck my images down - the lamp is also hand drawn my me and added more white, flicking it to give the rain affect and look like the dapper is kicking in the puddles! The umbrella is from an older Clearly Besotted stamp set.

I cut the panel using Heffy Doodle Stiched Rectangle dies, 2nd to largest and then used the largest to cut the backing panel in dark blue cardstock.


For a bit of fun I added glossy accents to the lamp to give it a glow!


I hope you've enjoyed my post today and I hope to have another to share with you soon!

Jas
X

Product Links:

Heffy Doodle Alcohol marker friendly cardstock
Dapper Boy digi stamp by Melon Peach Stamps
Memento Black ink pen
Heffy Doodle Blueberry Bliss cardstock
Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends
Glossy Accents
Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle Dies

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!