December challenge reminder

Hey Crafty Friends,

Welcome back, today I'm sharing my 2nd inspiration post as a reminder for our December Anything Goes challenge over on Color it, Create it, Show it off blog for MyBesties. You can find all the details on how to enter here

As always our challenge is anything goes, that means you can use any of your favourite images from your favourite company and we welcome all types of projects! However if you would like to treat yourself to a new MyBesties image you can do so here.

The image I am using is from the Sherri Baldy MyBesties Patreon Club, there are many great tiered options available that will give you lots of new goodies, you can find out all about that here. As always all other product links can be found at the end of my post! (Click any image to view it larger)

Now onto my inspiration, starting with the image printed on Alcohol Marker friendly card I decided to try out some of the new Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers that I recently purchased. They are very well inked that's for sure so I am going to need some practice with these! 

Colour Combination: 

Hair - PL5, PL3 + PL1 - Illustrator

Skin and Big Heart - Fair Skin + Pale Pink Tri-Blend

Eyes, Flower + Top - Jade Green Tri-Blend

Wings + Trousers- Aqua Blue Tri-Blend

Wing Hearts - DR3 Illustrator 

For the background I used a Heffy Doodle stencil called 'Circles of Life' with Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon distress ink. The panel is cut from a stitched rectangle die also by Heffy Doodle!

The image deserves most the spotlight on this card so I decided just to add a sentiment, to break the background up a little I took a piece of coloured card stock in the same colour range as the image and background to help it blend and used a heart die to cut the shape. Using a MISTI I stamped a nice large birthday sentiment onto the heart in Versamark ink and used WOW Opaque Bright White embossing powder to help it stand out!

Adding a few sequins to give it some sparkle and we're done! I love how quickly this card came together, cards don't have to be complicated or lots of elements to make them stand out!


I can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge!


Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas

X

Product Links:

Alcohol Marker friendly card by Heffy Doodle

Stitched Heart Dies by Heffy Doodle

Stitched Rectangle dies by Heffy Doodle

Circles of Life Stencil by Heffy Doodle

Simply Teal-icious Card Stock by Heffy Doodle

Distress Inks

Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends

Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers

WOW embossing powder, Opaque Bright White

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!