Anniversary cards - including Hubby's first ever card!

 

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today hubby and I are celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary. Life has been busy and neither of us had the chance to pre make or buy usually in his case a card for the occasion so I set him a challenge! Hubby has never made a card before and I tell you now it wasn't easy to let him lose on my supplies!

First up is the card I made, I decided to use the Heffy Doodle Veggie Patch stamp set with the Coordinating dies and coloured up my images using copic markers. I then took a stitched square die and die cut 2 panels, one from bright white card stock and one from butterscotch card stock. Taking the butterscotch card and stoney maloney stencil I used Scattered Straw distress ink for a tone on tone look. I then centrally die cut a heart from this panel using a stitched heart die and stamped my sentiment under the heart.

Then taking the back panel which I had cut from white card stock I used the Heffy Doodle Green Fields stencil, I love this stencil as not only does it have grass but also can be turned round and has some curvy edges for hills/mounds! Frayed Burlap distress ink was perfect to create my muddy patch, I also reacted a small amount of ink with water to create mud splatters for extra texture! Finished off with some Pale Gold Nuvo Drops and it's done!


Now for Hubby's card! He went slimline and he's not scared to leave lots of empty space which is something I would fear, maybe I need to take a leaf out of his book!
He's used a variety of ink colours to blend a background, Heffy Doodle slimline mini mail dies for the card panel. Images are from So this is love stamp set by The Greeting Farm and backed onto my favourite colour Heffy Doodle card stock wildberry.



Thanks for stopping by to see our anniversary cards, I think hubby did a great job and I might just let him lose again in future on my craft stash!

Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas
X
https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes/
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!