National Teen Self Esteem Insta-Hop and new Sweet November Stamps images!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Did you know May is Teen Self Esteem Month as well as mental health awareness? Mental Health is such an important subject to speak out about, this can start from any age however unfortunately most of this may stem from younger generations. I've organised an Instagram Hop with a great group of crafters to raise awareness on Teen Self Esteem. Our hope is to spread love, joy and encouragement to our younger generation. To do this we have come together on Instagram in a hop. There are even sponsor prizes for hopping along! All you have to do is follow each person along the way and comment on their hop post. The more you hop, follow and comment the more entries you will gain to the random draw!

Start the hop here.

See end of my blog for full participant list in case you get lost along the way. You have 7 days to complete the hop in full so feel free to keep popping back if you don't have time to complete in one go!

Did you know that 20% of teenagers suffer from depression before adulthood. 70%of girls aged 15-17 avoid normal daily activities, 38% of boys in middle school reported using supplements or experimenting with steroids. These are just some of the unfortunate facts on what our teens and younger generation go through. We hope our projects can spread some encouragement to anyone who may need it.

The other amazing this that came out organising this hop is how much of a community the craft world really is, I was so blown away by the amount of people who wanted to be a part of this and to all the sponsors. I had a very overwhelming moment at one stage (in a good way) at the generosity of everyone and it sure has restored my faith that there are many good people out there in the world and I have learn the crafty world is one of the best worlds I could ask to be a part of.

Sweet November Stamps went above and beyond my expectations, when I reached out to Amy and Tee I did not expect the response I got next, not only did they offer up a prize to a lucky winner but offered to design digi images just for the occasion. On top of that they asked if I would guest design for them this weekend using those exact images. It was such a honour to be asked by such an amazing company to do this for them and I am so grateful for everything they have done in support of Teen Self Esteem month.

Here is my first card using the new images. This is Charlie the mermaid. There are 6 images in total, each girl comes in 2 versions, one being a mermaid version which is very apt as it is MerMay after all!

p.s Charlie is named after my Stepdaughter which was even more of an honour, she is the biggest reason I have put this together!

All images are available directly in the Sweet November Store here.

This is just one of 5 cards I have put together using the new release. I got carried away, I hadn't planned to do so many but it was to hard to chose which image to use so I used them all! Be sure to check out my Instagram today and tomorrow for the rest of them!

Full Participant List for Instagram Hop:

@Makeitbymarko 

@handmadebytasha13 

@cindyellenrobinson 

@Owlwayscrafty 

@Mrs_h_crafty_corner 

@sugarcards 

@artful.angel 

@Caffeinated.craftiness  

@Ayaspapercrafts 

@jasmincraftymakes 

@Juliannefoyil 

@ekgormandesigns 

@westie1702 

@caitlinannaleecards 

@embellish.craft.love 

@lisaannmensing 

@melissamade2 

@iriswiechmann 

@lauren.taylor.made 

@jude_creates1 

@Chelemom71 

@craftykiwimama 

@scrappytailscrafts 

@rachelleannemillerart 

@crafty_kid_33 

@r.winncreates 

@amyyoungforever 

@the1andonlyteetucker 

@craftypurplefrog 

@Kellys.craft


Until next time Happy Crafting!

Jas

X

Comments

  1. You have done an absolutely amazing job organizing this. Your Charlie card is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I'm not going to have time to join the hop, but thank you for organizing. This is truly a worthy cause and I applaud all efforts to normalize conversations about mental health.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!