You bring colour to my world!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I'm sharing another project I made during the Card Maker Success Summit, this time inspired by Justine Hovey class on shaker cards.

The Heart Pencil Die from Heffy Doodle is so fun to work with. The possibilities of colour combinations are endless and the letter dies include a 'u' so you can chose European spelling or not!

Before you get die cutting it's useful to have some empty trays/pots on hand to put the elements in one place. You can chose die cut this in 2 ways. It's one solid die so you can cut the whole thing from one coloured card stock and repeat this way, the tray/pot will help you keep the spare pieces for a future project.

Today I decided to use up some scraps so I chose some smaller pieces of card stock and just placed the die with the size I wanted to cut more a single pencil at a time. This is also a good way use up scrap pieces of card you might have in your stash! My preferred card stock I use is Heffy Doodle which I buy in multipacks.


This die also comes with an outline die which helped me to cut my shaker window my pain panel, I then used the cut out as the backing to stick my pencils on all aligned correctly so I could stick this to the card base lined up under the shaker window. I recommend doing this step before you attach acetate to your shaker window so you can use your top panel to help you align the element underneath exactly where you need it.

To keep within the colour theme I am using over the rainbow mixes from Little things by Lucy's cards.

Until next time, happy crafting friends!

Jas
X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!