Craft Roulette - Episode #130

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I'm bringing you a little something different. If you haven't heard of Craft Roulette then I highly recommend you check it out. 

Craft Roulette is the ultimate crafting challenge, every Friday night a wheel spins for 4 parameters in which you need to make a card from. You don't need any special kit or stamps etc you use purely what you have in your stash. 
This is a great way to stretch your supplies and think of new ways to use your stash!

And on another plus if that didn't already sound like lots of funn is there is prizes to be won each week from the spin sponsors!

This is my 4th week of playing along and I thought I would bring you the details of my card this week on a blog post. 



Parameters this week were as follows:

Fun Fold

Dusty Hue colours

Starts with D

Pennants 

I'm not going to lie 2 of these Parameters scared me this week, I'm not ashamed to say I had to Google what a pennant was LOL and Dusty Hue colours are really not my thing, I always reach for brighter more solid colours so I was really thrown by these 2 elements. That's the good thing about this show, it stretches the brain!

I started with stamping some images on alcohol marker friendsly card stock from various stamp sets using the parameter 'starts with D' and stamped some Dogs and Deer along with a squirrel, bird and bone image from some sets and coloured them using more muted tones.

All images were coloured in Copic markers 

Colour combo:

Birch Trees: W7, W5, W3, W2, W1

Deer: E37, E35, E33, E31

Dogs: C5, C3, C1

Postbox: BV04, BV02, BV00

Parcel: RV95, RV91

Squirrel: E09, E07, E04

Next I started working on the fun fold parameter and decided to go with a side step card for some dimension for my images and trees. I've cut this from some oyster shell card stock.

You can find lots of cutting instructions online for this side step card which is what I did. Lots of inspiration on Pinterest.

Ink up the areas that are on show when folded with a green ink, Im using Sage Catherine Pooler Ink, this just helps to give some extra muted colour to the scene.

To finish up I have taken the pennant banner from a hot air balloon die and die cut from white card stock, I die cut it 4 times, this is so I could layer them to create some thickness for sturdiness as I am only sticking it down on each end. I used the same copic colours to give the banner a light colour and added the word 'friend' with a black memento ink pen.

Some parameters might seem scary but never fear, with each show you have the amazing host Mary Gunn Funn and a guest crafter. Each parameter is discussed and lots of ideas are thrown around to help you use your stash in lots of new ways!

I do hope you will come join the funn over at craftroulette.live

You can find all the details about the show and this ultimate challenge on the link above.

Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes


Challenge entries:

Simon Says Stamps - Monday challenge - Sparkle and Shine theme, in memory of our late Queen Elizabeth II. Our Queen loved her animals so feel this card is something appropriate for this challenge :)

Simon Says Stamps - Wednesday challenge - Little Critters theme

Polkadoodles - Anything Goes

Digi Choosday - Anything Goes

Gem of a craft challenge - Anything Goes













Comments

  1. Such a fun card and lovely colouring …sounds like a great challenge too..always good to try new things.

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 38 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!