It's your birthday, time to sparkle!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today's card is a special one made for a work colleague, I don't usually put so much effort into a colleagues card however this particular colleague loves Disney, having had this idea in mind for a while I thought I'd finally put it down on paper! 

These Mine Workers from Kindred Stamps are so adorable, the image size is perfect for a slimline card to get them all on one card and create a magical scene. 


This card turned into a real labour of love with lots of masking of images in the background. I built up my background randomly to be honest! Using the Treasure Trolls stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas I stamped 5 lamps across the top of my panel, 3 carts on tracks randomly across the page and stamped a variety of the gems around too. 
Once stamped I coloured my images first and then using Heffy Doodle Memo Tape to mask all these images before ink blending.

Once masked I inked Squeezed Lemonade around the lamps to create a glow, then starting from the bottom I inked up using Frayed Burlap to just under half way of the panel and then Gathered Twigs to darken up the bottom. From the top I used Shaded Lilac down to meet the muddy part and build up purple towards the top making it darker using Wilted Violet and Villainous Potion. I had to work around my lamp glow a little and kept building up with squeezed lemonade as I went if I felt it needed a glow top up!

All my dwarfs were coloured in a variety of copics, switching around different colour combos as I went to give miss match outfits which is always something I remember about the dwarfs!

I've cut my panels using the Heffy Doodle Slimline stitched trio dies, using the 2nd to largest around my inked panel and the largest from a metallic shine type card stock. This is all then attached to a card base 8.5"x7" scored at 3.5"

I hope you have been able to take inspiration from today's make, just remember it doesn't matter if a card takes you 5 minutes or 5 hours or even 5 days! The end result will always put a smile on the recipients face!

Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas
X

Supplies:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!