Quick clean and simple birthday card

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I'm sharing a clean and simple yet bright and vibrant birthday card using the Crafty Purple Frog Party Mouse stamp set.


I started with a piece of bright white card, using some low tack tape I created a masked strip on my panel. I'm using Heffy Doodle Memo Tape, not only is this low tack tape not going to tear your project when removed but has a nice width with straight lines each side to create the perfect focal strip on your cards! I've used my mini STAY-tion to get the tape straight my using the grid lines. 
I then took a range of inks in rainbow colour and blended them within the exposed area.



Before removing my taped masks I spritzed a small amount of water in the area to react the ink for extra texture, you could also splatter extra colour into this area if you wish for more texture but I'm keeping my card simple today so the water reactive is enough for me. Once the tape is removed I'm left with a beautiful rainbow strip however I had an inky fingers moment and created a massive smudge, whoops! 


There are a couple ways to fix this, you can use a rubber to gently take away the ink if not too much however my mistake is too much for that trusty rubber so I'm flipping my panel the other way so my images cover my mistake! You could also use sequins/gems/nuvo drops to cover those smaller mistakes. 


My images have been coloured using Copics R08, R05, R02 (back cupcake) Y17, Y15, Y11 (small cupcake) RV19, RV14, RV11 (cupcake on the left)
The cupcakes cases have been lined with a silver gel pen and added beads with a gold gel pen to the frosting.

I stamped the sentiment in the rainbow strip and added a few sprinkles around, who doesn't like sprinkles on their cupcakes? I hope this inspires you to create a bright card

Until next time, happy crafting!
Jas
X
https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes

Other Supplies:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!