Simple christmas card ideas and Heffy Doodle Mood board challenge!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Thanks for stopping by again today, I thought I'd share a few simple Christmas card ideas, these simple designs came from a class I took at a card makers success summit back in July. The summit was all about taking action on getting a start on those festive makes! During the summit I made 2 cards from this class by Justine Hovey, I've added them at the end of this post for you to see. However today I'm sharing another twist on this layout based on the mood board challenge from Heffy Doodle. If you haven't seen the challenge please head on over to our group here on Facebook to find all the details.



This design has the potential for batch making, take a white panel of card stock, your preferred card stock for ink blending, for today's card im using Heffy Doodle Bright White card stock. Use a hill typed stencil if you have one or cut a slight hill from paper to create a mask from the bottom of your panel so you can blend a sky, My sky is blended from Barn Door, Candied Apple and Abandoned Coral.

For extra festive texture I spritzed some water in the ink and added copic opaque white splatters. Once you have a sky blended leave your hill mask in place and take a scenic stencil of some sort. I'm using the Heffy Doodle futuristic skyline stencil but any solid scene stencil will work and blend this just above your hill to create the scene. I've used black soot distress ink.

You can now remove your mask and using the same hill shape either the mask or the stencil itself turn it over so its curves opposite way to the original and about half way down create a small blue inked line, I just used what I had left on my mermaid lagoon brush however my samples below from the original class uses tumbled glass.

Now you have a range of areas you can pop your sentiment on, for today's I've taken a large sentiment from Heffy Doodle Happy Holidays sentiment duos however again my samples below from the original class have smaller embossed sentiments in the white section bottom right of the card, I probably prefer this placement and embossed as it adds an extra lovely touch although I forgot to do it in this sample!

I couldn't resist adding a snowman from the wanna build a snowman set however the card design looks fab without it too as you can see in one of the samples below!

Mood board for inspiration!

Here are the cards I made during the summit itself, the extras on these were additional stencilling in the ink blended sky embossed with gold embossing powder and one had gold pearl drops randomly placed. Why not grab your favourite ink colours and blend a sky too, your cards don't have to be traditional in colour. You might even like to try a blend out of your comfort zone!


Why not sign up to hear about the next card makers success summit due in February, it was so much fun and I am sure the next one will be too! Register interest here.

Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!