Scrappy Boy Stamps - Future Family

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I'm sharing my first card made with an older Scrappy Boy Stamps release called Future Family. Whilst this set may be based on something I have never seen.. I know I know the hubby has told me off many times! I am using it to create a galaxy themed birthday card. The dog in this set is so adorable and I just can't resist a dog stamp!

If you have never created a galaxy background before the biggest thing I can say is, it will start off like a hot mess! Don't worry, when you lay up second layers of colour and then the dark blender it comes out amazing! 

Card Recipe:

1. Take a piece of bright white card stock, using Catherine Pooler Inks 

I've used something borrowedroyal treatment and aquitini, lay your colours down roughly, you don't need to worry about blending the lines here. I am using domed foam blending tools. Once you have your first layer of ink down go over it again with a 2nd layer to create some depth in your colour.

Use a darker ink such as juniper mist to blend it all together, the aim with the darkest colour is to only use it lightly around the edges and to blend in between your colours.


Splatter some water over your background and dab off with some kitchen towel. Use some opaque white to splatter over the background to create an extra affect. White acrylic paint watered down just a little will work the same!

2. Stamp images on alcohol marker friendly card stock and colour in your favourite medium. I'm using copics

Colour Combo:

Dog: E37, E35, E33, E31

Moon: W5, W3, W2, W1

Moon image is from Heffy Doodles You're Weird stamp set

Space Ship: RV19, RV14, RV11

Use B02, B01, B00, B000 for shadow in the glass. I also wanted to add some sparkle, I've used the Spectrum Noir clear sparkle overlay pen. this adds sparkle without ruining your colouring under it.


3. Once your background is dry die cut from a large stitched scalloped frame die

4. Using a smaller die from the same nesting set above die cut from a pink card stock that matches roughly your coloured image and stamp your sentiment

5. Attach your moon and sentiment strip with adhesive glue and to add dimension to your card use foam tape to attach your image

6. To add some extra sparkle, because you can never have too much right! I have used some crystal stickles
Tip: When adding anything embellishments to your card I like to work in odd numbers. Most would say 3 is the magic number however I sometimes struggle stop at 3! The trick is to create triangles with your embellishments to help draw the eye in!

7. Finish off with the sparkle pen around the edge of your sentiment strip.

I hope you have enjoyed today's inspiration. Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas
X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes

Challenge Entries:
Simon Says Stamps - Monday challenge - Bright & Cheerful
Simon Says Stamps - Wednesday challenge - Bright & Cheerful
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!