I'm nuts about you!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I'm sharing another project using a die set by Time for Tea Designs, as always you will be able to find all product links at the end of my post 😊

This project I am using the windmill builder die set alongside woodland critters also by T4TD, although I wont be building a windmill today with this set I am showing you another versatile way to use this die. Previously I turned it into a mushroom toadstool house, you can find my blog on that here.

Now for today's project I am turning the windmill builder die into an acorn house to accompany the squirrel in the woodland critters stamp set. (Click any image to view larger)

Starting with the die cut pieces from PaintON cardstock which is my go to for ink blending. Once I had the pieces cut out I used distress inks to give them some colour, wild honey for the main piece and gathered twig for the door and roof, added a little around the edge of the house too for extra dimension.

Next I printed the squirrel, several leaves, couple of trees and mini acorns using my MISTI colouring them with a variety of older Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Tri-Blends. The squirrel colour wasnt quite what I was hoping for however will go with it! 

Colour combination:

Trees + Leaves - Red Brown blend with DR6,OR2, JG1, AG2 + BO4

Acorns - Red Brown and Gold Brown blends 

Squirrel - Brown Grey blend

Next up was the background for my scene, keeping the Autumn theme using distress inks I blended a sky with Crackling Campfire, Candied Apple and Blueprint Sketch. Added a little wild honey and gathered twig for the woodland at the bottom, I didnt add any ink to my blending brush just used what was left! 

Using Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle dies to cut my panel for the front of the card.

It's time to assemble all the pieces and add a sentiment, I used the sentiment from the Woodland critters stamp set 'I'm nuts about you'

I hope you enjoyed today's post, I'd like to say thank you again to all my followers, I reached 200 followers this week on Instagram and as a thank you I have a free haunted house digi image on my blog here.

As always any comments left are very much appreciated 😊

Until next time, happy crafting! 

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes/


Products Links:

Woodland critters stamp set by Time for Tea Designs

Woodland critters co ordinating dies by Time for Tea Designs

Windmill Builder Die set by Time for Tea Designs

Stitched Rectangle dies by Heffy Doodle

Distress Inks

PaintON cardstock

Beautiful blending brushes by Time for Tea Designs

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

April Challenge - MyBesties

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!