To my significant otter

Hey Crafty Friends!
I'm back today to share with you a card I put together for my husbands upcoming birthday. He doesnt use social media in any way so I'm safe to share this with you a few days early 😉

It took me a while to decide what to do for this one and to be honest I'm starting this without a final idea in mind, however I have narrowed it down to using a few particular products. As always you will be able to find all product links at the end of my post.

Starting with the Love circuit stencil by Heffy Doodle I used Candied Apple distress inks with a blending brush to create a background.



Using my Mini MISTI I chose some images from the Heffy Doodle stamp set Otterside and coloured them up using my Spectrum Noir Tri Blends.


Colour combination: Red Brown blend

Next I pulled out the Heffy Doodle Stitched rectangle dies and picked 2 sizes, the largest and second to largest. I dont own a guillotine so use these dies to cut my card panels! Using the 2nd to largest rectangle to cut the stenciled panel and using the largest to cut the other panel. Within the large panel I used the fancy nancy frame dies also by Heffy Doodle to cut the cute circular shape with hearts lined round it.

The top panel needed some colour so I thought I'd try my hand at a new technique for me, splatters with distress inks. I chose Candied Apple and Lucky Clover to start with, I dabbed the ink onto a perspex sheet and reacted it with some water, picking up small amounts at a time with a small paintbrush tapping it onto the card panel. The 2 colours were great but felt it needed a 3rd so pulled out Blueprint Sketch to add this in. I love how my first attempt came out here!


Using double sided sticky tape I stuck the panels together and onto a main card base. You may have noticed some smaller coloured images in my earlier photo, I used these as extra decorations for the front and added the sentiment. Added a couple of Honey Bee Stamps enamel dot stickers too for extra decoration.



Colour combination for small images: Dark Red blend, Blue Turquoise blend, Green Turquoise blend and Ice Blue blend.

Thanks for stopping by today, as always I'd appreciate any comments you leave 😊

If you would like to find me on Instagram you can so here

Jas
X

Product Links:



Comments

  1. Gorgeous Jasmin, hope he likes it as much as I do
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by my new blog posts 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!