MyBesties September Challenge - Anything goes!

 Hi Crafty Friends,

I'm excited today to be able to share with you my first post as a Design Team member for the Colour it, Create it, Show it off challenge for My Besties using Sherri Baldy digi stamps.

As always you will be able to find links at the end of my post on products used.

This months challenge is anything goes, this means anything! You are not limited to My Besties images, use any image from your favourite stamp company! However if you would like to treat yourself to a new image you can find all our images here. (Click any image to view it larger)

You can find the challenge blog here where you will also find the link to enter! 

Here's my inspiration below!

Starting with my image printed on alcohol friendly cardstock I used mainly Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends to colour her up. 

Colour combination:

Main body - Pink Violet blend

Hair - Red Brown blend

Bows and Tights - Dusty Purple blend

Eyes, arms and ears - Gold Brown, Fair Skin & Blue Turquoise blends

Flowers - Light Green blend and BP1&3 (older range)

Slippers and Mug - Pale Pink blend

For my background I wanted to keep it quite simple as I think this cuddly coffee monster deserves the lime light on this card! Keeping the background one layered I reached for my Heffy Doodle stencil stash, using Mowed Lawn distress ink alongside the green fields stencil and Squeezed Lemonade, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick with the cloudy skies stencil. I love how quick and easy these are to create a colourful one layered background! 

Mounted this on some coloured cardstock, then on to a A6 card panel and used some sentiments from the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set which I think matches this monster lady perfectly! 


As always I appreciate any comments you leave! 

Jas

X

Product Links:

My Besties Adorable little coffee monster by Sherri Baldy

Alcohol Marker Friendly cardstock by Heffy Doodle

Green Fields stencil by Heffy Doodle

Cloudy Skies stencil by Heffy Doodle

Stitched Rectangle Dies by Heffy Doodle

Plum Pudding coloured cardstock by Heffy Doodle

Monster Mash stamp set by Lawn Fawn

Distress Inks

Beautiful blending brushes by Time for Tea Designs

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!