Wishing you a Fintastic birthday!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Today I get to share my first project using the new Scrappy Boy Mermazing stamp set. I don't know about you but I am completely Christmas'd out in my craft room now so it was really nice to change the pace with something a bit different!

I decided to get ahead with some birthday cards for next year and the sentiment in this set is just perfect!

I started with a piece of white card stock and used a circle masquerade stencil and a piece of memo tape to create my sunset first so I could work around this as I knew I wanted this as the main part of the background. The sun has been inked from Carved Pumpkin and the sky blended out into Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry


To create a split between the sunset and the sea I used Horizon Lines: Oceon Beach stamps from Sweet November Stamps. The palm trees created a nice border for me between the sky and sea.

To ink blend the sea I blended Mermaid Lagoon from the palm tree strip and towards the bottom left corner, from the bottom left corner I then blended towards the sea with Wild Honey to create the beach section of the card. I added a couple more silhouette image from the Horizon Lines set to finish the scene in the sea

My image is stamped on alcohol marker friendly card and coloured in copic markers:

Skin: E33, E11 and E00 , cheeks RV20

Hair: E37, E35 and E33

Hair piece and Mermaid Tail: RV19, RV14 and RV11

I've sat her on the beach area, doesn't she look like she's enjoying that sunset.

I hope you've enjoyed today's inspiration, I will be back soon with another card using this set. Until next time, happy crafting!

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/jasmincraftymakes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!