I think you're kind of a Pig Deal!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Thanks for stopping by again, today I am sharing a card using some Time for Tea Design goodies, I discovered T4T last year and they have some adorable sets. The project I am sharing today will mix and match some of the sets I own. As always all product links can be found at the end of my post. This blog maybe slightly longer than usual!

Using a MISTI I stamped up the adorable pig from the Hogs + Kisses stamp set using Memento Black Ink and coloured him up using Spectrum Noir Triblends. In this same set there is some adorable sentiments, one being a speech bubble with 'oink' inside, I used Catherine Pooler's 'Mint to be' ink to stamp this up which I will add into my design later. (Click any image to view larger) 

For the background I wanted to try something new to create a cool smooshed background that left a shimmer affect. To do this I am using Pigment Inks, a craft mat (acetate could also work), water and PaintON card stock. This particular card stock is great for Multi purpose crafts and retains a smooth surface unlike some water colour card I have previously owned. 

Drop some ink onto your craft mat, react with a small amount of water, I use a small spray bottle, move it around to mix it up a bit, I pick up my craft mat and slowly move side to side. Once the ink and water are mixed use your card to pick up the ink in a swooshing action, don't be afraid to move the card around, create zig zag hand patterns to move the ink around on the card. It may feel strange at first because you can't see what patterns the ink is creating underneath but that is the beauty of this technique, each time you do it, not one will look the same to the other! You can keep looking and moving your card around until you get the ink to the sections you want.



Dry off with a heat gun, this will make the card bend a little but once it's dry you can bend the card back into shape gently.

Using T4T Scalloped Frame dies I cut a panel out of my Inked background.

One of the other sentiments in this stamp set that I love and think anyone would love to hear right now is 'I think your kind of a pig deal' Isn't that cute! For this sentiment it deserved to be embossed, heat embossing really can add just those extra special touches to your card. Taking a small piece of card stock, firstly using a anti-static pad over the card and using Versamark ink I stamped the sentiment with the MISTI. I also took an additional sentiment from a Heffy Doodle stamp set 'Quack Me Up'

Adding WOW embossing powder Metallic Silver to cover the sentiment and tapped away the excess, I use a small paintbrush or something similar to get rid of any excess around my stamped sentiment,  I find this stops any odd fingers prints left on my projects! Heat gun to set the powder and set it aside to add later.

Now I have all the elements to start putting the card together, I've used double sided sticky tape to stick the frame to a card base. Foam squares to make our handsome piggy pop and also lift the sentiments from the background.

I had some space that felt like it needed something, up, up and away stamp set has some small clouds, stamping 3 of these alongside the rain drops from hogs and kisses was the perfect finish. 

Tip: adding embellishments usually follows a odd number rule, so 3, 5, 7 and so on. I feel 3 or 5 is a magic number for cards!

If you got this far thank you for reading, as always any comments are always appreciated! You may or may not have noticed my raindrops are upside down, this is quite fitting really as life is a little upside down right now, however this was a mistake! This will be easily fixed later by stamping and die cutting them again to put on top!

Until next time, happy crafting! 

Jas

X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes/

Product Links:

Hogs + Kisses by Time for Tea Designs

Hogs + Kisses coordinating dies

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Spectrum Noir Triblends

Scalloped frame dies by Time for Tea Designs

Up, Up & Away stamp set by Time for Tea Designs

Up, Up & Away coordinating dies

Versamark Ink pad

Metallic Silver WOW embossing powder

Quack me up stamp set by Heffy Doodle

Izink pigment ink

Catherine Pooler Mini Inks - Spring Fling

Mini MISTI

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!