Mahalo - Thank you!

Hey Crafty Friends,

Thanks for stopping by again today, I hope your all keeping well and safe. Like many of you I received some great presents for Christmas along with some money to spend on crafty items as I saw fit. We all love new crafty goodies right! 

So it's only right that we thank those who gave us thoughtful gifts and what better way than to give them a gift on a homemade card! 

The idea behind this card is the recipient loves culture, and where better than Hawaii! 

You may know they say Aloha in Hawaii for Hello and Goodbye, well after a quick search I learnt that Maloha means Thank You. Last year a new digi stamp company came on the scene called Melon Peach Stamps and I fell in love with their images immediately, part of the very first release was some Hula Girls so I thought this would make a great centre piece for my card design today. (Click any image to view larger)

Starting with the image printed on Alcohol Marker friendly cardstock and coloured using Spectrum Noir Triblends to colour her up. You can find all product links at the end of my blog.
Colour Combination:
Skin - Tan blend
Hair - Burnt Orange blend
Top and hair accessory - Dusky Purple blend
Skirt - Jade Green blend

Going shopping in my own stash I fetched out a few items, firstly using Stitched square dies by Heffy Doodle and cut 2 panels from Bright White card. The square panels will make the base of the card.
Use a score board to score roughly half an inch in down one side to form the bottom base of your card. Line this with double sided sticky tape ready to adhere to front panel later.

Next up was the Jet Alphabetters stamp set by Heffy Doodle, taking the base panel that I'd previously scored above and a stamping platform, I'm using a MINI Misti. I stamped the sentiment down the opposite edge to my scored side of the bottom card panel with Memento Morocco ink.
Now to finish my top panel, using Lawn Fawn Stitched border dies to cut the top panel a little shorter in width so that my sentiment can be seen from the front of the card, as well as when opened.

Using the Ring of Rosies stencil also by Heffy Doodle and blended using scattered straw and tumbled glass distress inks.
To finish up I am using Heffy Doodle Stitched Alphabetter dies to spell out Mahalo. Have you met Glubert yet? Glubert is a craft glue new to the market, check out the picture below for how cute he is, this glue has a great precision tip and dries clear, any essential to your craftroom!
Now I've finished all the elements of the front panel, I peeled back the double sided sticky tape from my base panel and lined up the top panel.  
I hope you like the card I've put together today, as always any comments left are appreciated. 

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Jas
X

https://www.instagram.com/jasmincraftymakes/

Product Links:



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Challenge - MyBesties

Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop

Swan Galaxy - Interactive card!