February Skrappy Challenge at Kraftin Kimmie and new stamp of the month!
Hey Crafty Friends,
I'm so excited to be joining Kraftin Kimmie Stamps for the month of February as guest designer. There are many projects to share with you over the coming month from challenges to a new release!
Each month Kraftin Kimmie have a small stamp called their stamp of the month. You can get this stamp free with any order over the value of $75 directly from their store.
Scroll down to see my projects and how they were made including full supply list!
with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
The theme of course is ANYTHING BUT A CARD!
So design a new scrapbook page, bookmark, tag, altered item, planner page, art journal, ATC cards...whatever you like!
Check out some more inspiration from the Krafty Team below and be inspired to get krafty!!
So with all that said I combined both the stamp of the month and the challenge theme to create my first project, I didn't just stop at one for this challenge! Keep reading to see another project using an older stamp set for inspiration.
2. Stamp image in desired place on bookmark and also on some masking paper. I'm using Memo Tape
3. Fussy cut your mask and cover the image so you can ink blend round it
5. Using the crackling campfire smudge a small piece on a media mat or piece of acetate and react with a small spritz of water. Use a small paintbrush to flick speckles for texture onto your background.
6. Remove your mask
7. Colour your image in your favourite medium, I have used copics
Colour combination: Flame Y17, Y15, YR04, Lantern glass B02, B01, Outer Lantern BG15, BG13, BG11, C7, C5 and C3
8. To add the sentiment I have used a MISTI, any stamping platform or block will work the same, as the sentiment is longer than my bookmark I have masked off part of the phrase with washi tape to partially stamp and then reversed and masked the other part of the sentiment to stamp the rest underneath.
For my 2nd project I am using the older up, up and away stamp set. Purple is one of my favourite colours and couldn't resit making this cute quick birthday tag for challenge inspiration also!
Gift tag recipe:
2. Ink blend from the bottom up about halfway using shaded lilac
Tip: take your shaded lilac brush and blend over the line where the colours meet, repeat with the wilted violet brush to get a smooth blend between the 2 colours.
4. Use a darker purple, such as villainous potion around the edge to give a nice finish, repeat the tip above to blend out the colour lines nicely
5. Take a white acrylic paint - slightly watered down with a tad water or im using the copic opaque white to add some extra texture to my project, a little bit splattered on I think makes a real difference.
6. Stamp desired images and colour in your favourite medium. I'm using copics
Colour combination: Elephant, C7, C5, C3, C2. Birds, BV
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I can't wait to share other projects with you throughout February for Kraftin Kimmie.
Until next time, happy crafting!
Shopping from the UK? You can find lots of Kraftin Kimmie projects at Crafty Purple Frog here.
Want to be the first to hear about upcoming events and hops? You can now join my mailing list here.
Or you can follow me on these social media platforms