Gnome revisit - Sweet November Stamps!
Hey Crafty Friends,
Today the Crafty Purple Frog Design Team are joining Sweet November Stamps to revisit a previous clear stamp release using the Gnomes, throughout today the teams will also be sharing sneak peeks for the new upcoming clear stamp release, there will also be a chance to win prizes, be sure to join both Crafty Purple Frog and Sweet November Stamps Facebook groups!
I've gone for a more neutral colour scheme for my card today so it can be sent to anyone you like! You may have read previously how I send cards as part of the Postcards of Kindness programme so I try to keep some of the cards neutral to be enjoyed by all.
1. Take a stitched rectangle and a circle masquerade stencil
2. Take the solid circle from the stencil and tape this down with low tack tape such as washi tape centrally slightly more towards the top of the panel. I've taken washi tape and looped it so that I can ink blend round this circle as a mask. You could also simply cut a circle from masking paper or even printer paper anything you can tape down temporarily to blend round.
3. Using distress inks starting with squeezed lemonade around the circle and blend out into mustard seed, this should give you a nice glow affect when you remove the circle mask, but not just yet! Before you remove your mask take some of your mustard seed, tap onto a piece of acetate or your work surface and react with a small amount of water. Use a small paint brush to pick it up and create a flick affect on your panel. You can now remove your mask. Look how it glows even though I did nothing with the area of white behind the mask!
4. Stamp your image on alcohol marker friendly card stock and colour in your favourite medium. I'm using copics.
Skin - E33, E31, E21, E00. Outfit - B39, B37, B34. Beard - C7, C5, C3 and C1 for a little shadowing.
5. For the ground area I took some wintergreen card stock and inked up with rustic wilderness. Use the same splatter method here with the green as you did with they sky above. I've used ovally excited dies and partially die cut the grass area to create a dome area.
6. For extra interest add some small small mushroom images, I've coloured in Y08, Y06, Y02 to match my sky area.
7. Use a stamping platform to stamp your sentiment in tuxedo black ink.
Until next time, happy crafting!
Want to learn more masking techniques? I took part in a card summit recently, the classes are still available online for purchase, visit here to grab your access to an amazing vault of classes from some amazing speakers!
Post a Comment