Cheeky Chipmunks - Kraftin Kimmie - April Release
Today is our third day of Krafty Peeks for the April Release
Check out CHEEKY CHIPMUNKS! in so many creations today as you hop around the Krafty Team's blogs! You'll also see the new stencils, Add-Ons and hybrid ink along the way! Be sure to leave some love at each stop on the hop because there will be a giveaway for some krafty $$ to the shop!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
1. Take some alcohol marker friendly card stock, cut down either to the card front size you want or to the size so you can die cut from a stitched rectangle later.
2. Start by stamping the Chipmunks with Tuxedo Black ink. I've stamped the image attached to the tree to the right hand side so I can extend it up in my colouring into a longer tree stump
3. Mask your Chipmunks off, I've used Memo Tape however any masking sheet you have to hand will work too
4. Take some other images from the set, I'm using the strawberry planters and small cake piece. By masking of our chipmunks in the previous set it means we can now stamp over them to put images in the background of our scene.
Tip - For masking layout your stamps with how you want them to end up, take the stamps that need to be seen in the front of your scene in full and stamp these first then mask off, then work your way backwards in the scene. If you have more images you want to show further in the background you can continue to mask as you go
5. At this point once all my images are stamped I am removing the masks I created, some people prefer to leave them on and colour the background first before removing to colour the other images, I prefer to remove them and just colour! Give both a go and see which you prefer!
6. I started with colouring the background which is mostly green as I wanted it to look like the cheeky chipmunks had stumbled into a strawberry field and decided to have their picnic there!
Grass Colour Combo - G17, G07, G05, G02
Sky - B05, B02, B00. Y04 for a little sun
7. I'm colouring my scene from background to front so next is my strawberry planters, whilst I have my brown copics out I will also colour the tree stump part of the image on the right
Pots - E18, E15, E11
Strawberries - R59, R46, R27, R22
Leaves - G28, G17, G14
Tree Stump - E47, E44, E37, E35, E33
Acorns - YG09, YG06, YG03
8. I've decided at this point my scene is going to need a tad more colour, I've taken a Memento Marker and draw in t-shirts on the chipmunks, I just couldn't resist! This will allow me to also inject a little more colour into the scene
Chipmunks - E09, E08, E04, E02
T-shirts - YR09, YR07, YR05. BV08, BV04, BV02. Y08, Y06, Y04. B06, B05, B02, B00
9. Lastly I stamped on a sentiment with a stamping platform and back onto Cornflower card stock
Colouring a full scene like this can be very therapeutic, if you haven't tried it before I do hope you will give it a go!
I will be back tomorrow with the last reveal from the April release, until next time, happy crafting!
Colour it, Create it, Show it off - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes
Digi Chooseday - Anything Goes
Oh my goodness, a chipmunk picnic partyReplyDelete
What a great card, thanks for the instructions!ReplyDelete
Thank you for explaining the steps for stamping and coloring this! Also, I adore the t-shirts on the chipmunks!ReplyDelete
A chippy picnic!! I love it!ReplyDelete
Love your card! Thanks for sharing how you made it! Great details!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Lovely card! Thank you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Good luck with your entryReplyDelete